Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Looking Glass


A fumbling hand strikes a glass,
Falling, shattering, breaking
Into pieces ten thousands
That lay dead on the floor;
Like a broken dream
I lie like a corpse in a deep slumber.
Hope I could have survived
This tragedy, loss and suffering
That has occurred to the world;
That lies in the nadir of pain, desolation
And whose wretchedness
Has spared no being - worthy or kind.
These moments have scarred
My heart, my soul, my self
And I see how cracks have appeared
Through which agony has found
Its course in the abyss of my conscience
Tearing and breaking me.
Like the glass pieces on the floor
That is sharp yet futile
And has no form or structure;
Separated, isolated and sequestered
Self, A face – broken and ruined
Is what I see in the glass.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh wow! Loved it.. You got some amazing stuff here. A new fan! Keep it coming ;)

    ReplyDelete